Followers

Monday 22 November 2021

Corporate Blues: Appreciations Galore

 

Dear God

Sample this:

One sweet voice, beautiful appearance and carefully chosen outfit. People in awe of the way you are, praising, admiring, clearing your way, handling your obstacles and loving you with all their hearts, sharing and caring and endless conversations. Suddenly being appreciated for all that you are and all that you do.

At times, I wonder am I the same person or is this some alternate universe where I stepped in? How could I be so good when I have been considered so bad… worse even. I can’t forget that last year I experienced the biggest setback in my career and personal life. And yet here I am!!!

Where the hell was this fighting spirit all this while? I could have had this positivity earlier also na, God? Why now, and how? If I get to know, I would be able to help people who are feeling not so positive in their life. Is it really all there in the mind only? Or is there something the world has to do? What was it that made it difficult for me to even get out of bed? What is it that now helps me wake up with a smile on my face and twinkle in my eyes.

Its not like my difficult days have disappeared altogether. I still go through tough times. Yet somehow in my heart I know this is not going to last forever. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

When I think of that time now, it seems so far away …. All that has been wiped from my mind as if it never existed. Yet in the back of my mind I know, that phase was there… It was a time when nothing worked. Today it seems as if everything is just working for me.

One thing which held me through all this is a bunch of friends – The Crackheads. Crackheads deserve an article of their own. The way they took me through these difficult times, constantly appreciating, helping, making jokes, holding hands, going through difficult times together. We have a long way to go and:

I am no longer alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment