Followers

Monday 17 April 2017

Maatri Shakti – On Navratri

Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu, Shakti Rupen Samsthita
Namastasye Namastasye Namastasye Namo namah

The past, the present and the future…all are bestowed with your loving blessings Maa. You are my best friend, my divine mother, my inspiration.
One childhood memory which stands out was a dream:
I was undergoing troubled teens and I folded my hands in front of you. For days altogether, I kept asking ‘Maa you have created a person for everyone who takes care for them. Tell me who will take care of me all through my life? Who will hold my hand? Who do I look up to in my times of need? Who will guide me when it is too dark for me to see? Who will support me in my times of need?’
Then one night I had a dream. In my dream, I was walking with my friends on a deserted road. You came, gently took my hand and took me to a place high up in the mountains. I repeated my question and all I could get was an all-knowing smile in response. It made no sense to me then.
But when I woke up, I remembered. You were holding my hand all that while.
With great power comes great responsibility’ Thank you Maa for I use my power responsibly. I love the control you bestowed on me and the way you personify my faith in myself.
To the beautiful hands which hold all the power in all the worlds put together and yet gently caress the children.
In the darkest times of my life, as I folded my hands in front of you Maa I knew You are holding my hands. I know You are watching over me.  Thank You Maa for being my strength. I in turn, promise you today, I will be there for all in need. I will be their strength. I love You Maa.
Thank you Maa for your hands are my courage: Courage to stay true in the face of all the lies I come across. Courage to be what I truly am, not what I am expected to be. Thank You for the courage to choose my own path and walk on it. Thank You for the courage to dream and follow them all. Thank You Maa for the courage to pick up the pieces and start all over again.

You are all I need to know that I am never alone.


Disclaimer: This one is all true

No comments:

Post a Comment