Followers

Tuesday 18 April 2017

To the men in our lives – You broke it you fix it!!

THE PAST:
Tera qusoor nahin Jaan meri tanhai
Ye rog maine hi khud jaan ko lagaya tha.’
It’s not your fault, it’s not your fault, it’s not your fault ….I chant like a mantra. It’s very hard to get there this time. Usually all it takes is for you to pout or say the words in a clipped tone or the words…”You are free to do as you wish.”
That is when we leave everything and start doing what you wish…If not, there are plenty of fish in the pond waiting for you to trap them…Don’t believe us; see for yourself. We the girls are always replaceable and each time better than before. If you have one which cannot cook, you will get one who will be an expert at it. If you have one who works for a living, there will always be one who will gladly depend on you for her daily bread. If you have one who is obstinate and does not want to share you with others, there will always be one who will burn the mid night oil and wait for you to come. No matter what you think our fault is, it is always a no compromise zone. Something simply intolerable…From job to friends to pets to careers ….you can take all and trash it down the drain if you wish!
And once again, the fault is all mine!!
THE PRESENT:
'Sun lee jo Khuda ne wo dua tum to nahin ho?
Darwaze pe dastak ki sada tum to nahin ho?'
Dear Love
Yes…No….It’s complicated!! Should I? NOOOO!!! May be I should…I must…It would feel so good to share it with him. That too when he insists…Yeah but I don’t know how to…I really don’t know how…?
And then I took a leap of faith. Closed my eyes and unlocked my heart for you to see. Finally understood….It was not my fault. Not that time, not any time. No failed relationship was my fault for I gave my all.
This one…ours is definitely working. For I can see the way you look at me and assure that you are with me …now and for ever. One look which says it all…I am there for you written all over your gaze.
A leap of faith…which drove away my inner demons for good! A look which addressed my pain and made me believe everything will be all right. Everything will fall in place. Everything will be sorted once and for all. There will be no need to be scared anymore.  The trust I place in you has been well rewarded.
Thank You God!!

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment