Followers

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Nothing’s gonna change my love for you


THE PAST:
One thing you can be sure of 
I'll never ask for more than your love

I have listened to this song like a hundred times and yet I want to keep on listening to it. What beautiful lines…so relevant. Now I know why you said songs take you to your past. A time when everything was fine, when you were so happy, so carefree, when you used to go out in the rain, got drenched, watched movies and came back. All that fun in your college days which you shared with me. You were really in a great mood that day….I was surprised when you started singing along with me…Old songs, new songs, across genres and generations…We are great together!! That is what I felt and that is what I feel even now. But now is not what it was then. I wistfully look back at our shared past and accept the isolation that has now become my sole companion. Sometimes I feel I was wrong in extending my love and faith to a thankless person like you. At others I feel the whole point of loving someone is to accept their flaws. Does that also mean to let them put you down? At other occasions I feel grateful to have shared my life with you. Wonderful times…did it really have to end so badly?  

THE PRESENT:
एक दिन आप यूँ, हमको मिल जायेंगे 
फूल ही फूल राहों में खिल जायेंगे 
मैंने सोचा न था 

Dear God
Love works in strange ways. There I was listening to someone vent it all out and yet in my heart I was so jealous. If you leave it, you miss it. If you have, you hate it. So what was better, God? People all around me are trying to convince me I am better off without him. Somehow seems like angoor khatte hain to me. However, in all this I am sure of one thing – I was right then and I am right now. Proud as hell, I changed my path and walk alone. I am happy at my uncomplicated existence. I am happy at my ability to face the world with a smile. I am happy at the faith with which I put myself out there again. So everything is not lost yet. I dream of love, I dream of eternal togetherness and I know some day, it will come true.
Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment