Followers

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Emotional Fool

Hi people

Scene 1: Yesterday morning persistent loud cries disturbed my morning reverie. A little pup was crying out loud for help. I, being an emotional fool rose up to my reputation...picked up the bike and went to check. I found a little pup stuck in a drain, injured and shivering with cold. I picked him up and carried it all the way home. Washed, cleaned and fed the pup and gave him a carton as a parting gift. When I left the pup, he was sound asleep in the carton happily. It felt great..When I came back to check on it, he lashed back at me.

Scene 2 : A stray dog was looking hungrily at the boiled eggs at a roadside stall. I stopped my car, bought some and fed it. The look it gave me made me resolve that I will always stop to help. Then it growled as it ate the last morsels. 

Scene 3 : A teenager who hurt himself was crying out loud for his mother. While he waited, I gave him some water to drink and waited with him. She came and I left him with her. Then I came to know the teenager was a drug addict and it was a self inflicted injury. 

I am an emotional fool. It took a while for me to realize this. The pattern of toxic relationships that I have had says so much about me. I have been ignoring this for way too long. I fall easily for a cry for help, a tear or just a sad face. Help is always extended, no matter what. I am the one who gives lifts to strangers, is generous with her time and money and falls in love so selflessly. I keep on forgetting myself. 

My birthday this year taught me so many things. I wanted to be with someone but I was alone. I could have been with some people had I not declined their invitation. I was waiting for something which never happened. It was a futile effort. The love I have in my heart is not only abandoned and doomed...but ignored and trashed. As the love of my life hurled insults at me, I shed silent tears like the helpless person I am. 

Why am I so helpless God? What makes me so? Why is it so important to put him on top priority? Why is it OK for him to say he wants to be with someone else and that I do not deserve his company?? On top of that, why was I so happy when he came back. He spoiled everything for me on my special day and then he was back as if all of that never happened. 

When I was a child, birthdays used to be a joyful affair. My Bua used to arrange everything for me. The cake, the dress, the party and that photograph. It is a beautiful coincidence that my brother shares my birthday. No, he is not my twin, a couple of years younger. When I lost her, I somehow lost everything. I am 34 now yet I become the same 5 years old on my birthday. I still expect someone...anyone to arrange the cards, the gifts, the party..and that photograph. One photograph where I stand side my side with my brother once again. 

1 comment: