Followers

Friday 19 July 2019

Truth and Dare


Dear God

Sample this:

‘What happened today still has me reeling from shock. As if those days have returned when he used to threaten me. Today he has delivered someone else’s threat. It is needless to say it’s hers. Gosh the audacity of this woman!’

OK God, confrontation is what they want then confrontation it is! I am in a war zone now and there is no turning back. That was what I was thinking few days back. But that day did not come. For she chose to diffuse the situation by her usual cunning. The confrontation I was waiting for never came.
How I wish someone asked me to clarify the facts instead of weaving tall tales about me! But I don’t think it is going to happen in this lifetime.

I had a tough few months, God. Just when I was able to realign my focus this had to happen. It is all up to me now. I have to prove my mettle in the tasks at hand and just stay out of the clutches of official-looking yet personal in nature outbursts and confrontations.

By the way, the way You chose to teach me the ways of Your world is slightly weird, don’t You think? Why don’t You keep me on a straight no-nonsense path of professional and personal isolation? You have to put me in the line of fire always! Believe me God I would do anything to stay out of the limelight. 

Yet here I am.

They say You chose Your strongest children to endure Your most difficult tests. But frankly, the endurance grid You chose for me is wearing me out now. For once in my life, I want to be ordinary and weak. I have been tried for too long, God. Cut me some slack, please.

PS: I leave it all to You, God. Expose her.

No comments:

Post a Comment