Followers

Tuesday 12 November 2019

An open letter to the gossip mongrels aka Priti


Dear God

Sample this:
It is a Tuesday and I was with You for my bi-weekly penance. As I finished the day bestowed with Your bliss and filled with Your blessings, I get this “Bahr halla hai ki tumhara affair hai office me tumhare. Aur tumhari shadi hone wali hai.” This coming from none other than the one – The One God! My one and only…

When I said it was not true he was ready with the shocker of my life. Priti said it so it has to be true. Priti…His friend from the market. Imagine my shock and horror that one random person from the outside was saying random supposedly harmless gossip about me and he chose to believe it. The one person who should have been my unconditional support and defend says ‘kuchh na kuchh to hoga hi, aise kaise usne bol diya. Usne kaha hai to sach hi hoga.’

So now dearest Priti a few words for you and to all the happily married girls out there. Just because I look alone to you does not mean I am characterless and unprincipled. I have a reason for not being married and it is personal. I may be willing to share the reason with people if and when I am ready to. Till then please just keep your speculations to yourself. You have no idea how a few random words from your mouth have harmed my reputation and image.

If you had seen or paid attention to me, you would never say those words. Did you notice I am always alone when out? Do you know anything about my non-existent social life? Did you notice how I steadily and vehemently refuse any offer to help? Did you notice on the day of Dhanteras I was walking all by myself laiden with all the stuff I bought. If in fact, I was in a relationship wouldn’t he/ she at least offer me a ride?

You know nothing about my life and yet you said those painful things. You have no idea about the impact of your words. You haven’t even met me face to face…like ever. How could you just throw me to the dogs without feeling the pain for my tearing skin and broken bones.

Here I was happy in my own cocoon. I used to think if I am faithful to my cause and true to my self no harm can come to me. But people like you destroy me with just a few words.

Parting shots: I have no one in my life like that. I am unlikely to get married sooner or later. Think of a harmless innocent person whose reputation you are damaging before you indulge in baseless rumor and gossip. I have never crossed your path or wronged you in any way. So please keep your opinion about me to yourself or else if you dare, say it to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment