Followers

Tuesday 28 July 2020

When the hurricane hits

Dear God

Thank You for keeping me sane through these crazy times. COVID 19 has gripped the entire earth and is terrorizing us all by its high mortality rate. No one really knows how to battle this unseen monster. All we have known so far is cover, shield and maintain distance. In these difficult times, we also saw so many faces of humanity. Some rose to the occasion like true visionaries and heroes like Sonu Sood sir. Some just took advantage of this as if this crisis too is an opportunity to hoard, loot and selfishly restrict resources to their own limited circle. Corporate Social Responsibility is such a big word and the responsibility attached to it is way bigger now. Our role as a team and as organizations is way larger than what was earlier expected from us.

A very different hurricane hit back home a few months back. We lost a family member. Things after that have been rocky to say the least. It is so hard to bear with this loss for all of us. Yet we all have our own ways to cope.

God I always wonder why we women give so much to a relationship, every relationship. When I was young, I always thought I will always have my own separate existence. I will make my own place in this world and I will make sure whoever is with me knows how much it matters to me. Yet there are times when I enter this world of self-doubt and think was it all worth it? Men are so insecure when it comes to a partner.

The same person who appreciates an independent confident woman would suddenly doubt his wife’s ability to handle things on her own. The same person who will support and encourage his lady friends to have people other than BAE in their lives would be pissed at the number of messages in his significant other’s inbox. The same man who supports and appreciates female colleagues at work will be sceptical about a working wife or better still will make it clear at the time of tying the knot Hum apne ghar ki bahuon se Naukri nahin karwayenge’

I chose to go the other way in life, against the tide. Only time will tell if I was right. Till then, God…I soldier on.


No comments:

Post a Comment