Followers

Monday 11 March 2019

For better or...


Dear God

Who said your world was fair? I have been in a professional soup lately; not for the first time though. As I skirt my way through dead-ends and roadblocks; what irks me most is not the hindrances coming my way, but the attitude I have encountered towards work and towards me.

It all started when I extended a small business opportunity to someone I know. We were great friends and thought we would extend our friendship to a mutually beneficial association. All I wished for is someone who will prioritize the company’s interest and for him I just wanted to generate an employment opportunity. Win-win for both…right? Not really!

A couple of months later, I am frustrated to say the least. This little stunt adversely affected our friendship; which seems distant and non-existent these days. Also the person in question lashed out at me on numerous occasions citing reasons such as the slow progress of his work.

Being a government company, bound by rules, regulations and protocols, I feel so helpless when I am questioned about the slow pace of work in our system. I have no qualms about the documentation though. We keep a thorough record of everything based on ‘Might be required.’

What hurt me most were the demands this transaction makes at my time and dignity. I was never the one to chase after things. I have always done my job and let people work at their own pace. Here, I have no choice. Plagued by numerous calls and queries, I check the progress of my case and give it a push from table to table. 

With his own non-cooperation movement in tow, my dear friend is ready to throw in the towel at the slightest hint of trouble. Trouble it is for us both. I was shocked to say the least when he said ‘I will drag you to the higher authorities.’ For what? I wanted to ask.

PS: Case solved but left a really bitter taste in my mouth.



No comments:

Post a Comment