Followers

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Miles to go...


Dear God,

A chance meeting with a schoolmate and so many things came rushing back. My school…that one place, which carved my future, made me what I am now. I was such a shy kid and now look at me. Henceforth proven; People change, as I did. From not being able to speak two sentences straight, I have come to the point where I have started addressing crowds at random. I was the shy back bencher all through my school life and now here I am. Facing life head on has taught me one thing very clearly. It is a man’s world and women rule!!

I don’t actually remember the transition but I do remember my determination to face all my demons head on. I have this favourite saying of sorts “If you are afraid of the roller coaster, by all means ride it.” Now, when I look back at the roller coasters I rode, I feel dizzy and exhilarated. Wow!

All these big and small successes and failures are any person’s strongest assets. I remember reading in Laws of Love by Chris Prentiss  ‘Learnings never happened on regular days.  It happens only when you encounter challenging situations.’ My biggest challenge so far has been to love myself. I hate my guts! Inspite of everything, my smile never wavers. My spirit is crushed but with an unlimited ability to resurrect itself.

My sister used to call me ‘The Moral Science Book.’ Overrated, if I may say so myself. I am no such thing but my sense of right and wrong does keep working overtime! Ironically my list of ‘Do’s and Don’ts is for I, me, myself only. Being assertive is a trait I could never master. With my kind of intelligence and compassion, a certain level of detachment is also much needed God. Otherwise a person like me can get completely lost in others’ needs and wants. This distance from the world is a blessing in disguise. Thank You God! For this life and everything that came with it. I love You for bestowing me with such an enriched experience.
PS: Send me some love too! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment