Followers

Thursday 23 February 2017

The Arial View

THE PAST:
Dear Love
In your own words ‘Your thoughts are like sunglasses, through which you view the world. Which pair are you choosing to wear?’
Ahem, Ahem…AHEM AHEM. A teensy, weensy doubt I have. May I? I will anyways; with or without your permission. Which pair were you wearing when you chose to view me in such a horrible light? What kind of thoughts crossed your mind that you misjudged me like this? What made you think such awful thoughts? Your words haunt me every single moment. If I believe you like I always did in the past, without ever questioning or confronting you, I would see myself as calculating, manipulative, scheming and most importantly selfish. Selfish! Really….!!!! Me?
Calculating - I have been a mathematics scholar so yes I can safely say that I am good at calculations. If only you are referring to differential equations or permutation combinations. I am not at all bad at Linear equations with two variables either. Oh! A total whiz kid when it comes to surds and indices. When it comes to the calculations that lead to trapping innocent people into unwanted situations… Well Not exactly my cup of tea.
Manipulative - If by that you mean the overdressed person with loads of makeup and an irritating catch phrase whose only job in the world is to make life hell for the protagonist (Watch the never ending TV Serials for reference please)…No. NO NO.
Scheming - Only for making travel plans at a short actually very short notice. I am good at that. But if by this you mean the kind of conspiracy which leads to the villain’s lair where the hero is tied to the pole or something with all family members gagged and bound with a time bomb in tow…Not really!
Selfish – I was the one stupid geeky kid in class who used to regularly lend text books to other kids and stood on the bench for punishment. I am the one who once gave up a highly coveted chance to speak at the annual school function only because a teary eyed kid wanted me to drop out of it so she could win. I am the incredibly stupid person who believed in giving 100% to any relationship without expecting anything in return. I am sacrifice personified. Refer to the recent incident when I deliberately gifted the most important person in my life to someone I never met. Yes, the choice was mine. I chose to let go. I willingly gave up on you. Don’t you dare fool yourself with the thought that the choice was all yours. Nah…The choice was entirely mine.
PS: Please forgive my audacity.
THE PRESENT:
Dear God
I am destiny’s own child and You are the hand which holds me now.
Life is a series of changes. Some of them are pleasant, some are not. Some expected and looked forward to with so much zeal. Some dreaded and endured with patience and understanding that life will be better soon. Relationships – huge, very huge changes. The way they impact you is such a sight. The anticipation when one is about to begin. The way it starts; one step at a time. The way you look forward to meeting that one special person, seek them out. Find out small little things and notice the way they are. All the cloud nine’s and seventh heavens come together when you see that one face. The happily ever afters…There is no such thing as a happily ever after. They keep evolving as you go along. It is incredible the way they change your life and make you change as a person. They are the happily ever afters…

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment