Followers

Tuesday 7 February 2017

What If…

THE PAST:
Dear love
Life is a series of What Ifs…What if I had never known you? What if you had agreed to meet mum and dad two years back? What if your family accepted me or at least made an attempt to know me before this outright rejection? What if I had refused to see you? What if I had not picked up your call the other day? What if I had not agreed to talk to you any further? What if I was the love of your life just as you are mine? What if you had treated me more than a conquest? What If it had not rained that day? What if I had refused to come and see you that day and all the other days? What if you had closely observed the way you changed me? What if you noticed the way I belong to you? What if you had honoured the love I have in my heart for you? What if I had picked up my courage one fine day and chucked you out of my life? What if instead of telling you everything, I would have hidden things about my past? What if I never had a past? What if you were the one and only person in my life? What if you had met me under different circumstances? What if people had not poisoned your mind about me? What if I really was the woman you think I am? What if it was as easy for me as it is for you? What if I had never believed in ‘Us’ – Our future together? What if you understood what you mean to me? What if you were not afraid to accept me in your life? What if you had the courage to say yes to me? What if you had the generosity to embrace what I am? What if I was in a lower position? I have my whole life to sort it out. I can play the past in my mind over and over again and remake my choices. I can say yes or no or not sure all over again. That way, if not in my reality, I will have you in my dreams all over again.
THE PRESENT:
Nice yellow ’
With the beep I knew it was your message. I somehow knew when you reached out to me. This is the first day after our marriage. We are in office and so busy. Yet we are so excited to talk about how our day is progressing. Endless messages later; we meet in the parking to go back home. I have yet to cook our lunch. This bliss I feel, the fathomless joy, the endless and deep love…This belonging to you completely is a beautiful thing. You are the one I have always looked up to. I take so much pride in the kind of person you are. You are all I have…and somehow I have no further desire to have anything else. Everything has got a new meaning when shared with you. My life is wonderful and all because of you. You are the miracle I was waiting for, you are the joy which I wanted, you complete my life in a way nothing else can. You are the sun which gives me warmth; you are the moon which shines on the window of my life. You are the elixir which revives me. You are the cloud which rains on my parched life. Thank you my love for completing my life.
I love you..
Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment