Followers

Tuesday 28 February 2017

Rishta Aaya Hai

THE PAST:
Dear Love
Wo uncle aunty yaad hain jinko le kar aap office aaye the? Wahi jinhone kaha tha aap unke bete jaise hain.’ Aaj un uncle ka call aaya tha, unke bete ke liye puchh rahe the.’
Before you say; “Congratulations!! I knew you would get a good match soon, Thank God He answered my prayers!!!!” “She is out of my hair now.” (This one in secret silently) I told them my real age. Yes, against your better judgement and advice, I did. I asked them to ask your friend whether he is ok with marrying a girl a couple of years older than him. Or else I will have to write a new book titled ‘Two years, x months and y days’ for him as well. Sorry I don’t think I have it in me to manipulate an innocent person younger than me, just like I manipulated you. You were not able to save yourself then, save your friend at least. Tell him I am so desperate for a wedding that I can resort to blackmail and threats. Tell him that I am not a SATI SAVITRI. Tell him that I want a new permanent servant for my household, not someone to share my life. Tell him that if I encounter a person younger than me or junior in position, I will dominate him throughout our lives. Tell him that I am a recipe for disaster. Tell him that I am a characterless woman all set to destroy his life. Tell him all that you told me that day. Which day? The very same day you destroyed me by your words. You were completely aware of the impact your words will have on me, yet there you were. You distorted my beliefs and destroyed the little self-confidence I had.  
What I did not tell them is ‘Your friend is not the one I desired, it was you. What I did not tell them is the reality of our relationship. What I did not ask your friend is ‘Will he be ok with marrying your ex-girlfriend?’ Why don’t you tell him the reality? That your friend seeks someone who is already taken? That your friend is trying to subject me to unending torture by trying to be a part of my life? That I am a damaged good fit only to be in the darkest corner of the store room with rats and cob webs. That I cannot think straight. That I sabotage all my relationships by the truth I speak. You said so yourself
Agar aap kisi ko itna sach batayengi jitna aapne mujhe bataya, to appki shadi kabhi nahin hogi.’  
So be it, my love.
THE PRESENT:
My Dear, Dear Love
What a beautiful night. I love it when you show me off to your friends. I am not much of a trophy wife. Yet you make me feel like a queen with the way you treat me. I still can’t forget the day you introduced me to your family. All of them welcomed me with open arms. I love them all equally, if not more. Thank you for making me a part of your life, love. It’s ours now. I love you…

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment