Followers

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Hazaron Khwahishen Aisi…


THE PAST:
Hazaron Khwahishen aisi ki har khwahish pe dum nikle
Bahut nikle mere armaan lekin fir bhi kam nikle
Flashback:
I was going to the market with my folks for some shopping. Obstinate that I was, I said,” Today I will choose a dress by myself.” “What makes you think you are old enough to do so?” Poof, all my confidence was gone and I learnt a valuable lesson. The one who pays for you is the boss, not you. That was the day I decided, one day I will be my own boss.
Present day me: “I want to buy a car.” “What makes you think you should go for such a high end model. Why not choose something economical?” The answer: “I get to choose the model because I am paying for it.” It’s time I had a say in my life and decisions.
We have a beautiful and amicable relationship. Only till I choose to be what they want me to be. The moment I assert myself, trouble looms large. Why can’t we raise children and let go of them at a time when they are grown up enough to make their own decisions. When you tell your child to be less ambitious, you are indirectly telling them to not aim high. Also you are questioning their ability to handle themselves. You have to tell them to reach the sky, not be content with climbing the attic. For the umpteenth time I am telling you, “I took the trip because it was much needed. I needed to be in the right frame of mind to face the world again. No matter what you say about it, I will never feel guilty for what I chose to do. It was by far the best decision of my life.”
Like this one…my first car. I don’t know if I will be able to convince you on this one. Or like the trip I took, I will have to bear the brunt later. Whatever I choose to do, I will know that I chose right. For sometimes in life, you have to take a stand for yourself and what you believe in.
THE PRESENT:
Kaisi lat, kaisi chahat kahan ki khata
Bekhudi me hai dilbar khudi ka maza
Thank you is such a small word and yet when it comes to the two of us – spoken so many times and in so many ways.
I thank God every single second of my existence that I got to know you and be with you. Through you I understood myself and saw myself in a new light. I got to know that I have a right to be happy, to expect great things for and from myself. You and your faith in me made me unsurmountable.
All my life, I have been clouded by self-doubt. Was I too selfish, too ambitious, too practical, too…much basically. You taught me it’s all right once in a while to think of myself. It’s absolutely fine if I want to have a good life for myself too amongst all things. You taught me to lighten up and enjoy life.
Thank you for everything, my love.
Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment