Followers

Tuesday 2 May 2017

Promises, Promises….

THE PAST:
Aisa koi zindagi se vaada to nahi tha
Tere bina jeene ka irada to nahin tha
For all the words spoken between lovers, there are a few which are always unique…promises. They are there in the beginning and they are there at the end as well. Every relationship entails a certain level of commitment and promises have a funny way of doing that.
Take a look:
‘I promise I will always love you…
‘I promise no one will be able to take your place in my life…
‘I promise I will always be happy…
‘I promise I will move on…
And so on and so forth. God, the depravity it entails. The elusiveness of it all! You know your heart is breaking, your soul is shattered and it will be a long time before you feel Ok. Yet you make a promise ‘I will be happy.’ Happiness…
You are getting a divorce and as you sign the dotted line, the promise of loving someone forever shatters. How can someone just forget the words spoken upon their honour and just take everything away.
Or the time when you cheat in a relationship…No one will take your place but someone will be more than you are!! Twisted to say the best.   
PS: I stopped believing in them a long time ago for they are all meant to be broken.
THE PRESENT:
People have so many ways of binding themselves to each other. Promises by far are the best. 
When you promise something to someone, you give away a part of yourself to them. This time for the keeps…
It’s a beautiful thing to stand by your words through the tide and test of time. It’s an amazing feeling when you look at yourself in the mirror and know that you are a person of honour. It’s a heady thing to know that you are and you will always be a class apart. Totally out of this world!! For you when committed, leave no stone unturned to fulfil your commitment.



Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment