Followers

Monday 29 May 2017

The Illicit Relationship

THE PAST:
Tum massarrat ka kaho ya ise gham ka rishta
kehte hain pyar ka rishta hai janam ka rishta
hai janam ka ye rishta to badalta kyu hai

Meri Maa ka pura haq hai ki wo jahan chahe meri shadi kar saken aur ye haq mai unhe doonga!
Dear Ex
Before launching into a tirade about how a mother’s love is absolute and she has done so many sacrifices for us so it’s her right to do as she pleases. Of course, a mother’s love is absolute and unmatched. But guys manipulate this in the worse way possible.
The way you did when you chose to walk away from me and get married to a girl of her choice. You think you did the right thing.
Duh!!! It was wrong, all so wrong.
I’ll tell you why…
Firstly, she was kept in dark by you. You never told her about us…Oh Right! Word play…there was never an ‘us’. We never had a relationship, we had an arrangement.
Secondly, your mum is first and foremost a woman. She would completely understand how it is difficult for a woman to move on when she falls in love with someone; even when the person in question is thankless and selfish. Also callous, unfeeling and cold. People play with words but you played with my life. You saw me falling in love but never stopped me or had the good sense to step back.
Boys, if you are not planning to stay in a relationship, let the girl know. Let her take an informed decision. If you don’t do so, nothing you say or do later can undo the damage.
Scarred for life, that is what I am right now.
THE PRESENT:
Har jheel me pani hai, har ik jheel me lahrein
Fir sabke muqaddar mein kanwal kyu nahin hota
Qudrat ke usulon mein badal kyu nahi hota
Dear Love
Time and tide wait for none. Yet this chit of a girl dares to wait for you. I can wait all eternity too, for us. There is definitely an ‘us’. Once again the odds are not in my favour, they never were. Yet I choose to close my eyes and trust you.
A lot of people would say; I am committing the same mistake again. They can say this as the situation is an exact mirror image of the last one.
Yet, there is one thing different. The person I am with this time and for life; is different. Having seen my struggle through everything, you know what I have been through.
The sanctity of marriage and the absoluteness of it all is what I want. The only difference being, unlike the 99.99% janta out there, I will form this relationship only when I am ready to commit for life. I will commit myself to this only when and with whom I am ready. No one understands me the way you do. To me, the person I want to spend the rest of my life with is you.
What I wish to do for you, anyone can. But what you are for me, no one will ever be. You are what I have always wanted, always sought. For once in my life, I feel I found where I belong. I belong with you. You are my rightful place.
Yet you have never seen this through my eyes. There is no dignity in a relationship if it is not within socially acceptable limits. There is a ‘like a mother’, ‘like a sister’ but there never is ‘like a wife.’
The sanctity of marriage is unsurpassed, my love. I want the same for us, nothing less than that.
I love you.

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment