Followers

Friday 19 May 2017

Marriages, Marriages - What I expect from matrimony

THE PAST:
Hamre sajanva hamra dil aisa toden,Wo ghar banayen hamka rasta ma chhoden
Jaise ki lalla koi khilona jo pave,Due char din to khele fir bhool jawe
Ro bhi na payen aisi gudia na keejo, agle janam mohe bitiya na keejo
Dear Ex
Inko bas ek naukar chahiye jo inke ghar ke sare kaam karta rahe. Isliye shadi karna chahti hain.
Your words reflect your thinking and the way you perceive a working woman. By working you mean a girl who attends office. But to me, every woman is a working woman. Just because a woman is confined within the limits of home does not make her any less so. And to your statement above, the answer is a loud and vehement NO!! No, I am not looking for a ramu kaka in marriage. Don’t you think marrying someone for the sole purpose of household work is a bit shallow? Not a bit, actually it is the shallowest possible thing you can think of. Yet I have seen boys getting married and saying it out loud that Koi ghar dekhne wala nahin hai.
Also, if you think bringing groceries to your own home can make you a Ramu Kaka, I would also be the Shanta Bai who cooks, cleans, washes clothes and does everything else for you. This Shanta Bai could also offer tuition to your children. Howzzat? Anyway!
When I thought of marrying you, I was only thinking of a life full of dignity and bliss. I was not selfish when I thought so, in fact I was prepared to sacrifice anything and everything required to make it work. You could have been the happiest person on earth and I am not exaggerating. Yet if you chose to give it all away, so be it. I have no regrets. The loss is all yours.
THE PRESENT:
Ae hamnava mujhe apna bana le; sukhi padi dil ki is zameen ko bhiga de
Kab se mai dar dar fir raha; Musafir dil ko bana de
Tu awargi ko meri aaj thehra de
Carnal right!! Is that all? Is that really all one should look for in a marriage? Is that how you chose to perceive about me? Is that all you know about me after all this time? Is that really all I am looking for and expecting from marriage? Chalo let me address this once and for all…
When I think of marriage, I imagine and expect an eternal friendship. Two people pitted against the whole wide world. Two people Always together through thick and thin, sickness and health, for rich or poor. Two people who look in the same direction. Two people who slowly and steadily build and maintain a loving home. Two people who represent their families, their culture, and their values. Two people who are meant to be with each other beyond eternity. Or at least as long as they both live.
Marriage to me has always held sacredness, a reverence, exclusivity and a surety. Marriage defines man woman relationship in the most beautiful way possible. When I ask you to marry me, I want all that for us and more. I wish we share that bond, I wish our friendship gets strengthened by this bond, this togetherness, this understanding.
Not to forget, children – The most beautiful and important part of it all. Flesh of our flesh, our blood. Yes, I wish I could be a mother someday. I don’t know how good I would be but to be able to hold a part of me in my arms would surely be something.
Marriage to me means respect and reverence for a person. A feeling unsurpassed and never felt before. A loyalty so fierce that not even dreams can deny it. Marriage means waking up next to a person for the rest of your life and looking forward to it. To me that person is you, only you.
Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment