Followers

Thursday 16 May 2019

Old Wine and Old friends…


Dear Readers

Please don’t misunderstand the title. Ghaliban I don’t drink. I just had an online reunion with one of my oldest friends; school friend. Ah school! It seems ages ago. What a catching up it was! We talked so much about our years gone by. She is a blogger, writer and soon-to-be mother. Here is her blog link by the way:


With a baby on the way, she took a well deserved break from work. This chance reunion taught me so much about myself. It is amazing that she remembers me after all this while. We connect like there was no gap in between…I must have done something right while we were together. Many times, many of my old school friends reach out to me. Time and again, we talk.

I love her vivacity. She has this refreshing take on everything. Be it live-in relationships, unwed mothers or the position of women post marriage.

I love the way she handles her new life and responsibilities with so much zeal and fervor. Her never ending enthusiasm is contagious.

Every woman has her own little struggles in life. Each one of us has to prove a point at some stage in our life. Whether it is the stability of our relationships, our loyalty to a certain someone or our families, the balance desired from us in our personal and professional life. We are constantly trying to prove ourselves to the world. It’s a relief to know that I am not the only one struggling.

I want to Thank You God for my life and my journey so far. Most of all, Thank You for people like her who made the journey worthwhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment