Followers

Thursday 23 May 2019

The Grass on the other side


Dear God
रंज से खूगर हुआ इंसान तो मिट जाता है रंज
मुश्किलें मुझ पर इतनी पड़ीं कि आसां हो गईं

I have been going on and on and on about me..my life, my problems, my miseries. Last night you gave me an insight into the grass which I thought was greener. Yes I am talking about someone I know. I don’t want to name her. Yesterday we had a heart to heart and suddenly I realized I was not the only one suffering. Life is not a bed of roses for anyone. Yet some people choose to keep it so well covered. Maybe I can do the same. Put my best foot forward and dazzle the world with my smile.

I never knew a casual discussion about forgetful BAEs could lead to this. She started by saying Khud me khush raho. Khud ke liye khud socho aur karo.  I wonder what the story would have been if she too had other people in her life. Would he still accept her back with open arms? Maybe not!

It is never easy for a small town girl to carve her own place in big cities. There is so much to learn, so much to prove.  I love the way my small town Cinderella transitioned into the beauty queen. So much for appearances! It made me realize one more thing; self improvement and self love is important. She had the guts to live in with a guy and the audacity to leave him and go when he failed to make a life-long commitment. The courage to walk away has made all the difference in her life.

I love the way she said to me, “  Wo nahin bhi hota to kya? Meri life to hai aur bahut lambi hai.”  
Luckily the story has a happy ending.


No comments:

Post a Comment