Followers

Tuesday 28 May 2019

#Vellapanti


This is the age of bhayankar networking. The whole world has become a web and all are connected to each other in atrangi ways. Take facebook: friend, mutual friend, mutual friends’ mutual friend – it is an endless stream of people connected for no rhyme or reason. Take whatsapp: created to connect people who know each other. Nowadays it is not uncommon to receive 100+ ‘Good Morning’ messages as soon as you open your eyes.

Today when I opened mine, a shock was waiting for me. Someone messaged in the middle of the night ‘Hi!’ I checked the number and the DP…failed to recognize and enquired who are you and why are you messaging me? The reply simply bowled me over. Your number was saved in my phone so I chose to contact you.  Ok. So once upon a time this number belonged to someone he knew. So it means he is free to disturb the person owning the number now without due regard to my privacy.

Ideally he should have backed off when I mentioned I am not the person he was looking for. Instead I get ‘Naraz hain kya aap?’ I get that a lot when I refuse to connect to strangers and refuse to reveal information about myself. Just because I refuse to be a part of this mad rush of connecting left, right and centre I have been labeled as Naraz.   Abe Bhai, naraz nahin hun, samajhdaar hun.

Tub ho hota to aadhi raat ko kisi anjan ko message karne ke bajaye shanti se so raha hota.  People fail to understand. Just because you have someone’s whatsapp number does not mean you have to send a message. It is not mandatory, Bhai. Chill. Ek good morning message kam hone se kayamat nahin aa jayegi.  Everyone who is reading this- please respect someone’s privacy. Please respect personal space.

There is nothing wrong with people who do not want unnecessary ting, ting, ting every five seconds on their mobile phones.
PS: get a life, dude!


1 comment: