Followers

Monday 27 March 2017

Bon Voyage

THE PAST:
Apni marzi se kahan apne safar ke hum hain
Rukh hawaon ka jidhar ka hai udhar ke hum hain
I saw you today and made a dash for the door. Not the reaction I hoped for. Not the courage with which I had let you move on. One look and it all started hurting me even more. All the memories came rushing back. I have so many questions for you yet I ask none. I see you and wonder…Are you happy? I don’t trust the smile I see on your face. I know for a fact my own is a fake…A total sham.
I read and read and read every day. Just like I used to before I met you. I have nowhere to go, no one to meet. No one to talk to…I was always meant to be a recluse. In vain, I tried to fit in.
I still think how different life could have been, had there been an US.
Now that there isn’t I am just trying to pick up the pieces and walk on. I am far from moving on though…
THE PRESENT:
My Jaan
Tumko dekha to ye khayal aaya, Zindagi dhoop tum Ghana saaya
Aaj fir dil ne ek tamanna ki, Aaj fir dil ko humne samjhaya”
Except that samjhane ki there is no need. I am free to do as I please. Our relationship taught me so many life lessons. The first one being I have a right to be happy. I have a right to expect something from someone other than my own self. I deserve the compliments I get. I am strong and beautiful.
You taught me how I have always sacrificed throughout my life and today I don’t have to. You taught me it is ok to say No at times. No one is going to leave me for being assertive.
You taught me so much. But the best part is you taught me to be fearless in every sense. And for a change…live my life. Not the life I am expected to live.
I love you.

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment