Followers

Tuesday 7 March 2017

The Soap Opera II


THE PAST:
Dear Soap Opera Writer aka the society
So you are not done with me yet. ….Abhi bacha hai tumhara…
But one thing I want to ask you…why do you attack my loved ones all the time? What is the need to attack when my back is turned? Understand that if man is a social animal, women are not any different. Also you should be encouraging healthy interaction between them both. Not chastise them when they try to understand and support each other. All I did was seek a friend out when I was in need of support. Why do you have to spoil that?
My choices are mine, not theirs. Chastise me if need be, not them. Speak to me directly, I DARE YOU.
STOP RIGHT THERE…I SAY. Stop asking my parents about when and to whom I will get married. They are already having sleepless nights regarding the same. Also, that decision will always be mine, not theirs. Stop warning my friends about the company they keep. They are not entering a Kajal ki kothri if and when they talk to me. Mind you, they are not doing so stealthily, they do it in full public view. They should actually be applauded for they saw the good in me and helped me be better. They are all a part of me as a person. Hurt them and you answer to me. This chit of a girl is so much more powerful than you. You don’t intimidate me. The reverse is true…
PS: Refer to my middle finger for reference.
THE PRESENT:
Dear friends and family
I love you all unconditionally and I am so glad the reverse is true for you too. My education, my upbringing, my values, my courage, my success – I owe it all to you. Thank you for ignoring the nagging you encounter on daily basis. Thank you for ignoring ‘ladki jat ko itna mat badhao, ghar sambhal nahin payegi.’
Thank you for putting up a good fight when people subjected me to character assassination and tried to scare you with their views about ‘ Aajkal ki ladkiyan.’ I love you all…MMMMuuuuuuaaahhhh.

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment