Followers

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Conditions, conditions….

THE PAST:
‘Tere bare me jab socha nahin tha, mai tanha tha magar itna nahi tha
Teri tasveer se karta tha batein, mere kamre me tab aina nahin tha’
We have come a very long way when it comes to relationships.
From ‘I cannot live without you.’ To ‘I will give living with you a try.’ From ‘I remember you every time I breathe.’ To ‘I will call you if I remember.’ From ‘I love you and I accept you the way you are.’ To ‘Change your ways or I will leave you.’  
From ‘Everything will be alright when we are together,’ to ‘I am ready to jump ship at the slightest hint of trouble.’
We are not waiting for happy endings anymore. We wait for endings. We are threatened by the prospect of putting too much of ourselves in a relationship. Maybe that is the reason why we have songs like ‘Breakup Party.’ We celebrate not landmarks but endings.
All this ho halla about your own identity and space…Oh God the space!!
Give me space…Like you don’t have your own separate place where you stay or a job which takes up most of your daytime or friends who you have to catch up whenever possible. Space is necessary, void is not. Information overload can be avoided but communication gap should not be created.
There is nothing wrong with being interested in what your beloved is up to or calling someone just to hear their voice or telling them that you miss them. Suppressing the desire to say more, do more, be more will make you feel dissatisfied. Feel free to feel what you feel. Allow yourself to open up and see how beautiful your life will be.
THE PRESENT:
Shafaq, dhanak, mehtab, ghatayen, tare, nagme, bijli, phool
Us daman me kya kya kuchh hai, wo daman hath me aaye to.
Hi Jaan
Thank you for understanding my need to reach out to you. And puhleeeeaaaaassseee.
Don’t love me so much. Ok tell me how do you measure ‘so much.’? Like Ek din me ek call kiya to so much nahin hai par ek din me teen call so much hai. Pyar bhi koi sabzi bhaji hai kya jo 2 kilo ya panch kilo hi hai!!
When you say that, subconsciously you are willing to give up on a relationship. You are somehow preparing yourself for the day when the person will not be there. You are waiting for someone to walk away from you if you don’t let them walk with you. The least we can do is not confuse friendship and love. Love is essentially an intense desire to be connected with the person you cherish. Friendship says I will call you when I get the time but love…you accommodate no matter how busy you are or what other engagements you have.
So yes, go ahead and make those calls. No matter how many…
Shower them with all the attention and flood their inbox with messages. Go old school and don’t be afraid to commit yourself to a person.
Seeing other people when you are already in a relationship is unforgivable. Love is meant to be exclusive…Let is stay that way.
There should be that one person in everyone’s life who deserves and demands all your attention… Cherish that person.
PS: Pyar me koi shart nahin hoti aur sharton par pyar karna pyar nahin hota.

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

1 comment: