Followers

Sunday 19 March 2017

The Angry Indian Goddess aka me

THE PAST:
Bandgi hamne chhod di hai Faraz
Kya Karen jab log Khuda ho jaye
Shhhhhh!!!! I am seriously done with this life…all this work, M TIRED!! Recently, I changed everything in my life…Redecorated my home, ordered all new and shiny stuff and changed my look as well. And I did it all by myself. The beauty of it all is I have not asked anyone for opinion. It’s liberating if you ask me. Obstinacy pays!!
As I revel in the joy of my new life, a few ghosts from the past still make me upset. I am so scared to trust again, love again, become whole again. There is this huge hole in my heart where I had harboured wishes, dreams and sometimes love. Yet in the back of my mind, I know I am a very strong woman. I am perfectly capable of overcoming everything. I know that and yet…I can’t help but think people perceive me as unfeeling and cold. So soon after everything happened, I am expected to pick up the pieces and forget everything. People take ages to overcome things like this. Not that I am not trying. Plus everyone reminds me of how I am so well-endowed that mundane things like a damaged soul cannot shake me. Duh! If only they knew…
THE PRESENT:
Dil ko apni bhi khabar na lage
Koi achha bhi is qadar na lage
Yesterday you asked me what is so special about you. You are a fairly ordinary person. Look closely…Strength, resolve, determination, overcoming struggles, fighting the demons in your heart and emerging victorious and yes being the underdog. All are fairly lovable traits. Also the fact that you have a higher purpose in life…
What more could I have asked for? A little attention…Some appreciation…to have and to hold, in sickness or health, for rich or poor, as long as we both shall live. Plus the right to call you my own.
Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment