Followers

Monday 6 March 2017

The forgotten past

THE PAST:
Karyeshu Dasi, Karneshu Manthri, Bhojeshu Maata, Shayaneshu Rambha.
Roopeshu Laxmi, Kshameyeshu Dharitri, Shat Dharmayukta, Kuldharma Patni.’
-      Nitishastra
The six noble virtues of a wife as stated above remind me of whatever we were to each other. The times I prepared and served a meal to you were few and far in between yet each meal was served with so much love, you hardly shared your issues with me yet when you did, I always gave you a patient hearing. Every time I looked amazing, I wanted you to be the first person to see me. I forgave all the slights you made against me at the slightest hint of your guilt. All that I did in the past haunts me now. I had what it takes to be a good wife, in fact a great one. Yet…
Dear God
If you wanted us to be a part of each other’s lives, why did you choose unrequited love? There are a plethora of relationships in your book, God. For instance mother and child – the purest form of love; the unbreakable bond; a lifelong one. Brother and sister – an unending friendship. Or maybe we could have been born in the same gender and be friends forever. Chaddi buddies, Best friends or just normal casual acquaintance…anything. Yet you chose me to be THE OTHER WOMAN, the outsider.
Being in love was the sin I committed God. All my life you always took away something I deeply cherished. Something I desired and it was always the most important thing in my life. You have always tried to compensate with things better and bigger than before. Financial stability, family support, recognition and my own place in the society…all this has come with a price. This time God for once in my life please give me what I truly desire. Please….
THE PRESENT:
Dear God
Thank you for my blessed life. Thank you for the material comfort that surrounds me. Thank you for my courage to be what I want to be without the need to explain it to anyone. My dear, dear God, you made my life so different from girls I know. Thank you God for you showed me the true meaning of woman empowerment. Thank you God that this women’s day, I will know what it means to be strong. Dear God thank you for giving me the courage to follow my dreams; voice my opinion; express my feelings. Thank you God for letting me follow my dreams and always fulfilling them. I know my dream of true love is coming true.
Thank you!!

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment