Followers

Wednesday 15 March 2017

The homecoming of the outlaws

THE PAST:
Kisko Aati hai masihai kise awaz dun
Bol Ae Khoonkhar Tanhai Kise Awaz Dun
Chup rahu to har lafaz dasta hai nagan ki tarah
Aah bharne me hai ruswai kise awaz dun
Dear Family
Arrogant, Self-centred, money-minded…After all the years of trying to love the humanity and you all this is what I got labelled as…My own people are saying this so maybe it holds true…Sadly you will be disappointed to know that It does not. What you actually do is parrot away the views of the society about a successful woman and the sad part is that woman is one of your own. And it ceases to matter to you all!!!
This is not how I saw myself…Yes I believe I am at war with the whole wide world and yes I have no place for anyone in my life. Your suggestions are all directed towards making peace with the people who do not value me.
Without even knowing what I go through, you label intrusiveness and excessive interference in my life as their caring nature! Caring people are the ones who do things with love, not deliberately mention all your weaknesses in front of prying eyes and ears glued to the walls. These are the people who want to have a peak at my most intimate feelings and thoughts so they can make a joke out of it.
The problem with you all is you have never accepted me for the person I was or I am. You don’t even know me…You don’t. All the years when you raised me, you were so busy with the nitty gritty of everyday life that you failed to smell the rose that bloomed in your garden. You have exceptionally intelligent children, papa. All very successful and please the lip service you pay to our success never reached your eyes! It never does.
I want to see love in your eyes, not your words.
THE PRESENT:
Distance makes the heart grow fonder
Whoever wrote this never underwent separation anxiety or caregivers stress. What distance actually does is cloud you in mystery and suspicion. You lose connect with how a person evolves and changes over time. Daddy’s little girl is what you see and a grown up mature adult is what I have become. It’s confusing how you don’t want to let go of my hand in the walk of life and yet want me to decide all by myself – right from the colour of my hair to the kind of car I want to drive…Oh Hell!! When did she learn to drive…? See you missed that too. Be open and be honest with the loved ones in your life. That is the only way out. And please!!! Just because they grew up right in front of your eyes does not necessarily mean I will always be two years old.
I love you all…Love me back.

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment