Followers

Friday 17 March 2017

The homecoming of the outlaws II

THE PAST:
Like you said ‘Let bygones be bygones.’
THE PRESENT:
Tum sa mile jo koi hamsafar duniya se kaun dare
Char kadam kya sari umar chal dungi sath tere
My love
Welcome back! Thank you for restoring my faith in my ability to retain a relationship. I would be lying if I say I was not worried about the prospect of losing you forever. I would have lost not because I held you tight but because I gave you a choice. Choices are pretty powerful things, love. They make or break people. I know what I asked you to do is a mean feat. Little do you notice, I demand the same from myself too!  
What happened in a couple of days was a nightmare. It just gave us both a glimpse into what could happen if we both grew apart. We have been great friends to each other. I love the comfort we share. The same comfort drew me to you and made me ask for more….like retaining this relationship for a lifetime. You say we can be friends for life. Duh! You seriously think the society will let us do that. What will actually happen without some commitment is that we will grow apart. Having known you the way I do and especially after I open up my heart, mind and soul to you, I don’t think I can share the same rapport with someone else. This is not selfishness, it is self-preservation. A calculated risk is always better than an arbitrary one.
Please stop drilling into my mind about how you are a difficult man to deal with and all…I am the most difficult woman to handle on Planet earth…Ask my folks, they have had the hardest of times raising me. The beauty of it all is- all this while I never lost my tenderness while staying firm in my decisions.
Stay with me love. I will give you a lot of opportunity to fight me. But before that, fight for me. Do not underestimate my ability to irritate you to the moon and backJ. A secure relationship means so much more than the whole wide world. Please let’s just be strong for each other.
PS: It should be illegal for couples to break up without a 3 months prior notice ;)!

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice and interesting post here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Please keep giving me feedback for improvement and let me know if you want me to address any particular issue

      Delete