Followers

Tuesday 21 March 2017

The (In) Secure Relationship

THE PAST:
Kisi ranjish ko hawa do ki mai zinda hun abhi
Mujhko ehsas dila do ki mai zinda hun abhi
Zeher peene ki to aadat thi zamane walon
Ab koi aur dawa do ki mai zinda hun abhi
Dear God
Teach me how to live God. I pray, I am not asking for happiness but I would welcome some stability, so I need not run all over the place looking for love and confirmation. Give me substance God, Give me a life that has not been lived for nothing and protect my child. (Adapted)
Dear love
Whatever I may be, whatever sins I committed, I am not and have never been a liar. My life is an open book, to see and judge as you please. Things you don’t know about me are the things you never asked. Not because I was hiding something. My closet isn’t even locked darling, so the skeletons you saw were out in the open. Not in the closet.
If you wish to judge me based on that, please do. For I am free to do what I want and you are free to think as you please.
Why don’t I change? That is because you never asked me to. It is as simple as that, sweetheart.  
I love you to the moon and back. I mean it! Try me…                     
PS: You were right. ’Mere jaisi ladki ko koi ladka apne ghar nahi le ja sakta.’ Thank you for reminding me.
THE PRESENT:
Welcome back…2 I’ll be counting the number of times we fought and made up. I will be counting every single time you shouted on me and then had to eat your words. That is going to happen quite a lot of times…believe me.
The worst part of being a feminist is never giving up. Not even at the cost of social acceptability and conformation. I give up everything for the right to be what I am. Not that the things I lost were not precious to me. I love you but I am not afraid to lose you for retaining my individuality. You fell in love with the person you met. If I change myself for you, I will cease to be the person you fell in love with. I am different and I have the courage to be different always.
PS: To give up something for you is no big deal, my love. You just have to ask.

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment