Followers

Monday 20 March 2017

Defying the odds

THE PAST:
Securing an arranged relationship is pretty much like buying insurance. You choose one time investment and get guaranteed returns subject to market risks.
My first tryst with an arranged relationship was when daddy dearest went to approach a guy for inviting him home… Chai ki tray wala scene ke liye…That would have been the next thing followed by five minutes to talk….It was a good relationship on paper. We both work in the same office…same position…locations matched. Except what happened was ‘The guy in question was not at home. His elder brother was.’ The way he handled this was atrocious and incorrigible to say the least. At our home, if a stray dog approaches, we give them something to eat before driving them away. But this man made my father, a respectable banker, stand outside his house at the Chauraha. One look at my bio-data and he went all like…The girl is a midget. She will not suit with my brother; he is like really tall. That was it; that is all he had to say.
I can’t believe being 4 feet 9 inches in height could matter more than the kind of person I am. But that was it.
That is when I decided I will never subject my progenitor to that kind of humiliation again. Anyone who asks for my hand has to do the asking. Not the other way round. I will call the shots.
THE PRESENT:
Dil ki takhti par hun likhti Ishqa, Ishqa
Jag kya jane dil ko mere Ishqa Kiska
Ban ke chahat nazaron se khat likhna
Tu hai jaisa mujhko waisa dikhna
Shatham Shaathyam Samacharet is the way I am now.
What goes around comes around. I rejected a guy because I hated the way he looked. As I deleted his photograph, I was having second thoughts about giving him a chance. I am glad I did not… I never got it so I will not give it to anyone else too. Nah! I am not unfeeling and cold. I am only settling the score with the world. Compromise is not my way of life anymore. Understanding is…
PS: I am so glad I found you.

Disclaimer: The story I share with you all today; may or may not be true. For as a writer I am certainly influenced by what I see around me. At the same time, I retain what I call and known as artistic liberty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment